The Academy of Law and Economics Limited, trading as the Oxford Spires Summer School ("Oxford Spires", "our", "us" or "we"), is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Collection of Information
Information you give us.
As a User, you may give us information by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information such as your name, school, age, email address, phone number, credit card or other billing information, personal description, medical and dietary information.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, your login information, time-zone setting, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), the transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the Site, as well as page response times, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as clicks).
Usage of Information
A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Our Site uses a minimal amount of session cookies for statistics purposes, and can be utilised to personalise your experience on the Site. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and then close your browser. You can change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the services.
We may also release your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any business of asset which we may sell; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other users.
Storage of Information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to third party websites. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies and we therefore take no responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.